Resound operates its own in-house repair/refurbishment workshop for a range of two-way radio equipment. Should customers request repair of equipment they will be issued with a unique Service Request Number so that they can easily track progress.
Small items should be dispatched to us by post, carefully packed, and using a suitable overnight parcel courier ensuring that a goods note is enclosed showing the name and address and telephone number for contact. For fixed or non-portable equipment, Resound will contact you to arrange for a suitable time to come on site.
Before repair work is carried out on any customer equipment, an estimate of the cost and time to repair will be provided so that the customer can decide either way.
Workshop time is charged at £26 per 30 minutes (with a minimum charge of 30 minutes).
Common Faults and Example Pricing
- Non-obvious battery faults - diagnose and replace battery (£26 + cost of battery)
- Faulty aerial or aerial connection - diagnose and repair connection (£26 + cost of aerial if replaced)
- Water ingress/damage to handset - test for level of ingress/damage - most common outcome is the replacement of the handset
- Cracked display screen - replace screen (£26 + cost of screen )
- Impact damage to handset case - assess for internal damage and replace case (£26 + cost of new case)
All fault diagnosis work includes a full radio equipment test.
VAT will be added to all above prices. Above prices are indicative only and will vary according to the nature of the equipment and the level of damage.