Resound offer a complete portfolio of two-way radio equipment for business, professional and emergency usage. Resound is a Motorola Main Distributer and supply the whole range of motorola products. The Mototrbo Digital product is very impressive and Resound has the expertise to supply digital radio systems including a range of software Applications. We also work closely with a range of leading equipment manufacturers to be able to offer the breadth and depth of choice that our customers demand.
We are not the cheapest supplier in the UK for any given product. That is because we surround the products that we supply with the care and attention that business users require in order to be sure that their radio networks will perform reliably throughout their entire service life. It is this approach to equipment supply that has lead to us to build up such a large and prestigious customer list.
Handsets – We supply professional handsets for both licenced and licence exempt usage. All handsets that we supply for licenced use are pre-configured for frequencies, tones and (if relevant) calling groups. In addition, we supply handsets for specific usage situations including waterproof, ruggedised and intrinsically safe (ATEX).
Mobiles and Desktops – we supply a range of non-portable radio sets for in-vehicle (mobile) or in-building (desktop) uses. These are all supplied for licenced use only and will be fully pre-configured prior to delivery. Resound can advise on the choice of manufacturer and equipment based on our many years of experience. An installation service is available.
Accessories – we supply a full range of manufacturer original and third-party accessories that match our end-user equipment. This includes;
- Batteries, chargers & power supplies
- Headsets, microphones, speakers & other hands-free equipment
- Miscellaneous items (carrying cases, belt clips, cables, adapters, connectors, …)
MPT1327 Trunking – we design, configure, supply and install MPT1327 trunking systems to match each customer’s specific needs for efficient use of analogue radio equipment. We already have a large base of customers who are using trunking technology, so can offer a wealth of advice and guidance in advance of purchase decisions. (using trunking to intelligently share resources)
Repeaters – where the planned area of use for a radio network is either very large or includes ‘obstacles’, the use of repeater base stations is very common. Resound supplies a range of equipment to help maintain radio coverage across sites of all shapes and sizes, and will design the correct mix of equipment to match each customer’s specific situation. This will include the supply, configuration and installation of the repeaters themselves as well as ancillary equipment such as aerials, masts, cables, power supplies and so on.
External Aerials – We supply and install a range of building and mast mounted aerials that are suitable to all commercial needs. We take care to ensure that we only install aerials that match the specific needs of each customer and that will provide adequate coverage over a reasonable period of time. In addition we supply aerials for vehicles, including covert aerials if required.
Tetra (Digital Trunking) – We Configure, supply and install Tetra networks.
DMR Digital – DMR is a newer standard for digital radio networks than Tetra and has been designed to deliver lower-cost radio communications. We configure, supply and install DMR systems from Motorola (the TRBO range) and can provide advice on where a DMR solution might be more appropriate than using Tetra.
Benefits of Digital Communications:-
- Rejects surrounding noise - this makes transmissions clearer
- Speech quality is significantly enhanced compared to analogue communications
- Radio coverage area and operation inside buildings is improved, fewer coverage issues.
- Security of communications is improved
- Handsets have a waterproof specification - less risk of water damage when used outdoors
- Significantly extended battery life.
Applications – radio systems offer much more than being just a platform for voice communications and Resound have a range of ‘applications’ to take advantage of these capabilities;
- Man Down – a way of detecting if a lone radio user (often in a remote location or using dangerous equipment) has fallen down or been incapacitated.
- Lone Worker – a way of checking that lone workers are safe by automatically requiring an acknowledgement to a handset poll on a periodic basis.
- FlashPointer – an advanced application, developed by Resound, that allows building management systems, alarms and other external systems to communicate directly with radio users and provide intelligent messaging/instructions.
- CallPointer – an application to allow analogue radio networks to be selectively integrated with a telephone network, such that radio users and make and receive calls to telephone users.
- TaskPointer – an application that integrates computer applications for tasking/scheduling workloads with relevant radio users to intelligently pass instructions and acknowledgements.
- PinPointer – an application to determine the exact location of a radio handset, either within a building or across a large site.
- Automatic Vehicle Location – an application to determine the exact location of a vehicle.
- Build to order – Resound has an in-house design and coding capability to develop bespoke applications to match specific customer needs.
Radio Paging - pagers are a simple yet powerful solution to alerting busy staff by sending simple text messages. Resound offer a range of pagers that are suitable to many business situations.